SHARE
Countries Where Christmas is Not Celebrated on December 25

Countries Where Christmas Is not Celebrated On December 25

Christmas is celebrated all over the world in myriad ways, according to their own tradition. Christmas is celebrated in almost 160 countries around the world differently. The Festival of Joy Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, but several countries do not commemorate it. Everyone knows Christmas is celebrated on December 25, but, we are talking about countries, Where Christmas is not celebrated on December 25.
Because in some countries the happiness of the birth of Jesus is not celebrated on December 25. But the beliefs of Christians living here are slightly different. Russia and Italy were included in non-christian countries. In fact, in some parts of Russia, as well as in some countries of the Middle East, Where Christmas is celebrated on January 7 instead of December 25.

Countries Where Christmas is Not Celebrated on December 25

According to the Pew Research Center, “As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world’s largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth,”. However, the rest of the world (69%), follow different religions that may or may not celebrate Christmas.
In fact, in most parts of the world, the calendar made by Pope Gregory in 1582 is preferred. According to this, Christmas comes on December 25, but many Middle Eastern countries still use ‘Julian’ calendar. December 25. In the Julian calendar Christmas comes on January 7. and that is why the countries celebrate Christmas on January 7. These include Belarus, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gorgia, Kazakhstan, Serbia and Russia.

Italy Celebrates Christmas on January 6

Italy is a country where neither Christmas is celebrated on December 25 nor on January 7, it is celebrated Christmas on January 6. These festivals are celebrated by the name of ‘The Feast of Epiphany’ in this country. It is believed that on the 12th day of the birth of Jesus Christ, three wise men went to give them their blessings and gifts. This is the reason why celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ on 6 January is done in Italy.
Countries Where Christmas is Not Celebrated on December 25
Benafa is a form of Santa Claus in a way. It is believed that these old women in Italy bring gifts for children. It comes not on the reindeer but on the broom. Actually it is said that on the 12th day after the birth of Jesus, when three wise men were coming to bless them, they got the bonafides and the people asked him to walk with him, but Benafa refused him, and after some days he was not with Jesus Regretted Since then, Benafa in Italy brings gifts to children every Christmas, with the hope that.

Also read the latest news headlines for today.

Loading...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here